UKC

I need a project

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 01 May 2013
I need something to keep me from going mad with boredom over the next few months.

So what photography projects could I try this summer?

I'd quite like some urban decay stuff, but how would I get into that as I don't want to do anything illegal, obviously.

I don't want to travel more than an hour or so from the sunny Fylde for any potential projects.
 Skyfall 01 May 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

Not quite urban decay (more or less the opposite in fact) but, if you mean Fylde in Lancs, how about life and scenery along the River Ribble and its estuary, or even along the coast near you?
 cfer 01 May 2013
In reply to The Lemming: try 28dayslater.co.uk or silentuk.co.uk for urban exploring but you will probably find its all trespassing of one kind or another.....You could photo all the pill boxes on public land..
 Justin T 01 May 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/

Trespass is not in itself a criminal offence provided you don't break anything to gain entry or take anything from site and leave if challenged...
 rallymania 01 May 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

reflections! (gives you the option of water / glass for whole image reflections or for example rail lines for sun / moon light)

KevinD 01 May 2013
In reply to quadmyre:

> Trespass is not in itself a criminal offence provided you don't break anything to gain entry or take anything from site and leave if challenged...

There are some exceptions where it is criminal. However alongside signs they tend to be identified by people carrying guns.

More details are here.
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/general-exploring-chat-forum/47513-tres...

Majority of stuff would be fine, had a nice trip to a old hospital a couple of weeks back.
 Jon Read 01 May 2013
In reply to The Lemming:
Here's one I've been musing over for a while.

Pick a random lat long coordinate. Use your GPS/Phone to get you there. If on private land, pick the nearest public access point.
Within 3 meters of that location/re-assigned point take the best picture you can.
Any lens, any time of day (or night).
 Bimble 01 May 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

I've just started a project for the summer, taking photos of the plethora of urban horses ('Chav Nags') around the area I live in. It's got a few funny looks when mentioning it, so it definitely seems the right one to do.

As far as trespass goes, it's a civil, not criminal offence, so you can't be removed by the rozzers & won't get a record for it as long as you don't nick anything/smash anything/go there to stop someone going about their lawful business. I've found that when caught somewhere I'm not meant to be, just apologise whilst making your way off-site as quickly as possible. Security guards have no powers over you whatsoever, but that doesn't stop them thinking they do.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...