UKC

Recommend a MIA/MIC (or aspirant) in Wales or Lakes please?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Cthulhu 02 May 2013
As per the title, I'm looking for a friendly, patient MIA or MIC in the above areas. Would be more than happy with an aspirant (or two) looking for logbook days.

I used to climb E1 but haven't done any climbing for a few years, and my wife has not done much outdoors at all.

We are looking for someone who can refresh my ropework, stance management and general technical skills, blowing away the cobwebs and ironing out any bad habits, at the same time my wife will be learning some of these skills for the first time. At the end of it we would like to be working as a confident and competent multipitch team.

Grade is really not important - we will build that up with time and mileage on the rock. We just want to bridge the gap between our respective skill levels more quickly than we could if we just went climbing together and I taught her (plus, I'm so rusty that I'd welcome a chance to have a watchful eye over me!)

TIA!
 The Ivanator 02 May 2013
In reply to Cthulhu: I'm sure there are lots of good options, but one of my regular climbing partners Jez Brown is a recently qualified MIA and working freelance between the South West and North Wales. He is Jezb1 on here, look him up his profile has a link to his website.
Enjoy getting back on the rock!
 Kelcat 02 May 2013
In reply to The Ivanator: +1 for what he said
 jezb1 02 May 2013
In reply to The Ivanator: Cheers Ivan.

Feel free to drop me an email Cthulhu.
 jezb1 02 May 2013
In reply to jezb1: Thanks Kelvyn too!
 SCC 02 May 2013
In reply to Cthulhu:

Drop C an email or text, she was recommended a guy in N Wales for some training and said he was really good.

I have no clue what his name was but she'll know!

Si
 Mike Nolan 02 May 2013
In reply to The Ivanator: +3 for Jez, climbed with him a few times. He really knows his stuff.

Mike
 LRB 02 May 2013
I can highly recommend Garry Smith who's based in N Wales in the summer

Website with his contact details is: www.gethigh.co.uk - not kidding, that's what it's called
outdooriechick 02 May 2013
In reply to Cthulhu: I used Ryan and Chris at Horizon Expeditions a while ago and they were brilliant. Both very patient, with loads of knowledge. They explained at the start of the course that they were not just going to teach us how to do things, but why as well and I found that really helpful. They also had alot of input re the psychology of climbing, and how to deal with anxiety etc (I'm doing a Phd in a similar area, and thought that their knowledge and execution was impressive). Definately reccomended.
In reply to Cthulhu: Jez is a nice guy, helped me pass my ML with a nav refresher.
 Dark Peak Paul 03 May 2013
In reply to The Ivanator: climbed with Jez myself. Nice guy and up to date instructing wise.
Cthulhu 03 May 2013
In reply to Cthulhu:

Thanks all. Will be contacting all the people suggested to see what we can work out...
 foxwood 03 May 2013
In reply to Cthulhu:

+1 for JezB1 - did a sea cliff intro with him recently - top stuff

www.jbmountainskills.co.uk
 drunken monkey 03 May 2013
In reply to Cthulhu: I'd recommend my mate Rusty - He lives and works from Bethesda.

Top Guy.

http://www.snowdoniawalkingandclimbing.co.uk/
 Si 03 May 2013
In reply to Cthulhu: A shameless but of self promotion but I am a mountaineering instructor base in North Wales too. Simon @ www.oranjebergsport.com drop me a line if JB can't help!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...