UKC

Equivalent to the RAB Vapour Rise

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jim Walton 02 May 2013
The RAB Vapour rise gets great reviews and I think I'm up for buying one, but before I do I was wondering what other Equivalents there were out there.

I think Marmot do the Driclime, but does anyone have any experience/reviews of any others?

Cheers
 galpinos 02 May 2013
In reply to Jim Walton:

Not quite the same but the ME Ultratherm looks pretty good.
 TobyA 02 May 2013
In reply to Jim Walton: I have a TNF version from years back which is great but I don't know if they still make something similar. Buffalo and Montane both do thin lined windproofs as well if you are looking for a different fit. Haven't tried a vapour-rise on for years, but RAB's fit isn't great for me. I'm too broad in the chest for medium but large is then too long on body and arms etc. So your shape may well decide which model is best for you.
 wilkesley 02 May 2013
In reply to Jim Walton:

The Marmot Driclime is much lighter than the standard Vapour Rise. I have got both a Vapour Rise and the Lite version. I like both jackets, but find the "standard" Vapour Rise too warm for most of the year.
 L.A. 02 May 2013
In reply to TobyA: Rab totally changed the cut on the new VR jacket for this year. I used to struggle fitting an XL across the shoulders which was then too long in the body + sleeves. But with the new version a L fits perfectly. Theyve cut it wider across the shoulders and the hood is much better too. I just dont understand why they put pit zips in (well I do really its because people seem to demand them in Europe) Im actually really impressed by mine
 soularch 02 May 2013
In reply to Jim Walton: You can't go wrong with the Rab Vapour Rise Alpine L
Lite if like me you run hot. A superb piece of kit. Slim fit, but that means a belay or shell jacket goes over the top np. It dries out really fast.
 lithos 02 May 2013
In reply to soularch:

the old VR never fitted me, too tight across shoulder when body fit, however the montane
version v.similar in materials has a much better cut. Havent tried the new VR

- had a look on montane site, they dont make it anymore , cant see the equivalent !
 More-On 02 May 2013
In reply to lithos: Montane Kryton - the hood is better than the VP lite in that it will fit over a helmet as well as under. Also more windproof. Both good, but the fit and features of the Krypton make it the better option for me.
 lithos 02 May 2013
In reply to More-On:

ok thats the new one , mine has Pertex Equ. on it
 More-On 02 May 2013
In reply to lithos: I believe some call it progress
 Guy Hurst 02 May 2013
In reply to Jim Walton: The Buffalo Fell jacket is very similar to Vapour Rise, but fits me better than the Rab stuff used to. Worth a look if you want something British made that will survive years of abuse.
andyco13 02 May 2013
In reply to Jim Walton:

the Berghaus Tyree is similar. I have one and wear it all the time for climbing, biking and walking.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...