UKC

conville course 16-18th june

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Just got my place, anyone else on these dates?
 NottsRich 02 May 2013
In reply to Charley17: Yep, I'm 16-18th too.

For anyone not getting their first choice of dates, do you think there's potential to swap with someone else? I'm not sure if the groups are planned or just randomly allocated.
 aldo56 02 May 2013
In reply to Charley17: I'm 16th to 18th as well. You guys camping / planning on staying on for some routes?
In reply to aldo56: awesome! and yeh im camping, probably in the recommended one in argentiere and yeh definately, are you?
 NottsRich 02 May 2013
In reply to aldo56: Would love to stay on for some routes. No idea about accommodation yet, not thought about it. Camping is probably cheaper though so I'll almost certainly do that!

I guess once we find out who else is going on those dates then we can look at sharing cars? Or are you thinking of flying?
In reply to NottsRich: I'll be flying there as i cant drive and you can still get a return with luggage for under £100 so its not too bad, i think they advise you stay at a certain campsite (its on the website) as thats where the course is run from
 aldo56 02 May 2013
In reply to Charley17: Yeah, i'm planning on camping too. Not really looked at campsites yet but the recommended one could be a shout.

I'm heading from Glasgow and was planning on flying but only because I didn't fancy a solo drive and it would end up costing more i'd imagine. Where are you guys going from?
In reply to aldo56: If im at home then from sheffield, but could be going from Liverpool, not sure yet but I'd be flying from a midlands airport probably the 14/15th
 NottsRich 02 May 2013
In reply to aldo56: I'd probably be leaving from Edinburgh. Return trip to Chamonix is about 2,000 miles which would be about £300 in fuel at 40mpg. Tolls on top of that. Flying would probably be cheaper, unless there are a few of us in someones big car?

Charley, where are flying from to get flights around £100? And is that to Geneva?
 aldo56 02 May 2013
In reply to NottsRich: Looks like i'd be flying from Edinburgh too as there doesn't seem to be any flights from Glasgow. The car option is looking fairly expensive to me too.
 alexm198 03 May 2013
In reply to NottsRich: I'm on the 9th-11th June which were (according to PYB) my first choice dates, though they aren't so good for me anymore.

Did you mention the swapping thing because your dates weren't ideal either?
PRhodriT 03 May 2013
Wassup,

I'm on the one before you guys, 12-14, but am also heading from Edinburgh so may be interested in sorting some kind of swap thing out with folk if it makes travel easier/cheaper.

P
 NottsRich 03 May 2013
In reply to alexm198: Hi, yes I would swap if possible. I'll drop you a PM on here.
In reply to NottsRich: From Liverpool, its currently £102.98 for the days i want to fly plus 1 hold luggage bag
 Petarghh 04 May 2013
In reply to Charley17: The recommended campsite is really good, cant fault it at all! dont faff around in other sites as the course meets at the argentiere site. its about 500m from the grande montets lift too.
 aldo56 07 May 2013
In reply to Charley17: I'm going to fly out from Edinburgh on the 15th and stay in the recommended camp site. Anyone else doing this?
In reply to aldo56: same, im flying out on the 14th though
 alexm198 11 May 2013
In reply to Charley17: hey all, I'm on this course too - is anyone wanting to car share or is the consensus that flying is cheaper?
 Kinge 13 May 2013
I'm also on these dates, I'm in the Southern Alps till the 15th on a uni trip. Is anyone thinking of staying out after the course to try out the new skills.

Doug
 alexm198 15 May 2013
In reply to Doug_Digby: Yep I'm definitely planning on staying out for at least a week after the course ends. How are people getting there? Flights don't seem that appealing when you have to add in the Geneva-Chamonix transfer on top!
 aldo56 15 May 2013
In reply to alexm198: I'm staying out there after the course too. I went for flights for Edinburgh, unless you've got a full car it makes sense. (It also takes much less time and that's a consideration for me having to take work holidays.)
 Petarghh 15 May 2013
In reply to Charley17: eurolines coach, normally is £100 for a return, (cost me £100 for a return from Carlisle last time)

Takes about 24 hours, but you get 40 kilos of luggage, drops you off at the train station in Cham.

you can get an open return so you can come back when you like.

Everyone should experience it at least once
 tony07 06 Jun 2013
In reply to Charley17:

Booked onto the course myself for these dates. Will be in the alps til the 4th July so will hopefully get a few days out with some of you after.
In reply to Charley17: Is anyone who's staying out afterwards taking a rope, i was gonna take mine but i cant fit it in my case (weight wise) and don't want to be stuck, unable to go out (after the course has finished) if no one else is taking one

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...