/ Duty Managers - Wanted
The Castle Climbing Centre is looking for enthusiastic, flexible people to join our growing Duty Managing team
Duty Managers have responsibility for the operation of the centre during opening hours and act as the designated First Aider when the centre is open. They provide a reference point for all the day’s activities for both staff and customers; they ensure that safety procedures are followed and they provide a friendly, efficient service for our customers while supporting the staff in the centre working in their specialist roles.
- are an experienced climber/instructor with SPA training (minimum);
- are able to ensure that the highest standard of health and safety are maintained at all times;
- have excellent customer service skills;
- can resolve a conflict or customer complaint diplomatically and tactfully;
- have superb written and verbal communication skills;
- can motivate a team of staff;
- are first aid trained and confident to deal with a first aid incident;
- are a practical person, able to undertake basic maintenance tasks;
- have experience cash handling;
- have the ability to manage a busy workload and keep smiling!
- and generally think that you have what it takes to be proactive in the day to day running of a busy climbing centre,
Then please get in touch!
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, along with your CV (including the contact details of 2 referees)to:
Application deadline: Thursday 23rd May
Interviews: Mon 3rd- Wed 5th June
For more information & full job description please email
Strange how these positions NEVER state the minimum starting salary. I guess, all taken into consideration, it's little better than the minimum wage !
Please contact Ben@castle-climbing.co.uk
He will be very happy to answer all queries with regards to the positions available.
How flexible do you need to be? I can touch my toes...
I would expect London pay to be much more than Swansea pay.
What's wrong with putting a starting salary? The post is quite long, gives a fair bit of detail about your requirements - I would have thought salary is basic information, which should be included, IMO.
Elsewhere on the site
Nuts, wires, stoppers, chocks, wedges, whatever you want to call them, have been around for a long time. Initially made from... Read more
Pete Whittaker has flashed the 32 pitch route Freerider 5.12d on El Capitan in Yosemite Valley over three days,... Read more
From a personal point of view, photographing the night sky is one of the most difficult, frustrating yet ultimately rewarding... Read more
The Grivel A&D Ascender & Descender is brand new for Autumn 2014 and incorporates a revolutionary and innovative patented... Read more
This survey is being conducted by the Outdoor Industries Association in order to find out more about how and why people... Read more