UKC

Is Rubicon likely to be muddy and wet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TonyB 03 May 2013
Sorry for the probably pretty stupid post but I'm new to the area. I was thinking of heading to Rubicon tomorrow (probably the Traverse and Kudos walls). Just looking through the pictures and it seems like in some it is really muddy. Given that it hasn't rained much over the last few weeks is it likely to be fairly dry or is it a case that it doesn't dry out until much later in the year.

Thanks, Tony
 Stig 03 May 2013
In reply to TonyB: no it will be bone dry. Check ukb for recent conditions.

In answer to you other queries, it all dries fairly quickly; only the traverse area is affected by flooding; kudos stays dry on the whole.

Most peak line comes in from March. Kudos can be ok in mid winter - gets morning sun.
OP TonyB 04 May 2013
In reply to Stig:

Thanks. We're taking our son and it's good to know that there is a dry place for him to play whilst we struggle at the bouldering.

Stig 04 May 2013
In reply to TonyB: watch out for dog turds near kudos. Give me a shout if you want any mor local beta. Just noticed you live near Loughborough - could do with a partner when I'm down in leics, wouldn't mind having a look at that route in wood house eves.
 BossHog 04 May 2013
In reply to TonyB: Defiantely will be wet especially on the main traverse area, take a tarp and its fine!
OP TonyB 04 May 2013
Thanks for the messages. It was quite dry and our son was able to run around under the crag. Good bouldering in a family friendly area - a really good day out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...