UKC

scarpa vs sportiva boot sizes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 adamsky 06 May 2013
Hi, does anyone have any experience of the difference in size of boots between scarpa and sportiva, length and width wise. (i know it can vary depending on model, but just need a general idea). Particularly Nepal extreme vs Mont blanc gtx.

Cheers
Adam
The Papa Lazarou 06 May 2013
In reply to adamsky: Scarpa boots tend to fit a wider foot(generaly) & La Sportiva seem to be much narrower in the heel(once again generaly)
 martinph78 06 May 2013
In reply to adamsky: I'm a 42 in most boots and shoes, including the Scarpa SL Active I recently tried (and will be buying next week).

I have Nepal Extremes in 44. Couldn't get my feet in a 42, 43 was really tight. 44 with a thick winter sock fits well. Think 43 1/2 would have been the ideal fit.

kyaizawa 06 May 2013
In reply to adamsky:

So I've not got experience with either of the boots mentioned, but I'm an EU40 in La Sportiva Trango Extreme (Women's), and length-wise I'm an EU41 in Scarpa Charmoz (again women's).

I say length-wise, because, as a previous poster said, Scarpa have wider heels which doesn't suit my feet - tried to have them fitted with volume reducers, etc. but still no luck. The heel on the 40 Charmoz fitted ok, but toes were touching the front.

Hope this makes some sort of sense...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...