UKC

Nesscliffe topo help!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LITTLE SAM 06 May 2013
Help with Nesscliffe please!! Ive been once before, spending a session on yukan 2. Im hoping to go again at the end of this week. But this time to boulder! I don't have the guide, I will get one but not in time before I go. Can anyone help me find or give me directions to cholesterol, UKC logbook link here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=118067

and Subtilitas:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=114390

I know where Yukan 2 is, I know where the little grotto cave thing is and I could probably recognise my piano, as points of reference.

Cheers , all and any help appreciated, Little Sam
 Holly R 06 May 2013
In reply to LITTLE SAM: ...or point us in the direction of a basic topo if one exists please?!
 Ed Booth 06 May 2013
In reply to LITTLE SAM: Subtilitas is located on a small butress of it's own, up and right of the main quarry (where Yuckan is). Just wall up the right edge of thequarry from the main path at the bottom and you will see the little wall.
Cholestrol will be harder to locate without the guide as it follows a fairly indescript line apart from the specific holds it uses, which are small and not obvious. The far butress is reached by:
From the layby down by the pub, walk up the main path and turn left at the top. follow this path for about 400m. An isolated large oak tree can be seen in the field on the left. when level with the oak tree, a faint path leads diagonally up throgh the trees and up to the hidden far buttress.
Cholestrol is about 15m along the wall from the left end. It starts with a very small slopey crimp for the left and a tiny mono pocket for the right.
Ed
 james.slater 07 May 2013
In reply to LITTLE SAM: Sam, you want me to email you a pic of the routes from the guidebook?
OP LITTLE SAM 08 May 2013
In reply to vertigo714: Cheers Man, but some one has kindly sent me some already. But thankyou very much!! Much appreciated littles sam
In reply to LITTLE SAM:

There seem to be a few in the book that have vanished , I spent two hours walking around to then ask some other boulders about a particular spot and they had no idea either.
 Luke Owens 08 May 2013
In reply to 6BStu:

Which spot are you refering to?
OP LITTLE SAM 11 May 2013
In reply to LITTLE SAM: Cheers for all the help, and to those who send me pictures and topos. I got rained off unfortunately. but there will be plenty of time and hopefully good weather this summer. cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...