/ Boot Sizes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
JhbGerry - on 07 May 2013
I know that it is very difficult to generalise, but do you buy mountain boots a size bigger than normal shoes, or do the boots take account of the need for more space?

I know that there will be comments like - go try it on, but I do not have the luxury of great choice where I live, so may have to purchase on-line.

Thanks.
victim of mathematics - on 07 May 2013
In reply to JhbGerry:

I've got weird-shaped feet, so I have to try things before buying, but I've always ended up with boots the same size as my normal shoes (actually sometimes smaller, but that's because I have very wide feet and often have to buy normal shoes that are a bit big, whereas boots often come in a variety of widths, so I can get ones that fit properly).
martinph78 on 07 May 2013
In reply to JhbGerry:

> I know that there will be comments like - go try it on, but I do not have the luxury of great choice where I live, so may have to purchase on-line.
>

Well worth traveling to an area that sells a wider selection of boots to try them. If the local Costwold Outdoors don't have what I want I wait until I'm next in the Lake District for a weekend. I would only buy boots online that I'd had before and knew fitted.

In reply to victim of mathematics:

Thanks a lot.
In reply to Martin1978:

Sound advice, but a long way from Africa. :-)
martinph78 on 07 May 2013
In reply to JhbGerry: Good excuse for a holiday :)
In reply to Martin1978:

Very true - :-)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.