/ Via Ferrata recall progress

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
David Barratt - on 07 May 2013
As I'm sure everyone already knows, lots of rope-friction via ferrata sets were recalled earlier in the year. I sent mine back at the end of February but STILL haven't received anything back. I've emailed Salewa but am getting no replies. Is anyone else making any progress with their returns?
David Barratt - on 08 May 2013
In reply to David Barratt: They did note it wouldn't be before April... but an update would be good.
In reply to David Barratt: Anyone out there returned their via ferrata set?
In reply to David Barratt: Bump, bound to be someone out there that has returned via ferrata kit!
In reply to David Barratt: There're only so many BUMPS one man can do! I guessing not many folk were effected by the recall? (I'll stop now)
In reply to David Barratt: ok, one more.
elboy on 08 May 2013
In reply to David Barratt:

I sent one back to Mammut in Feb.
They refunded the postage and indicated possible replacement in "week 19".
Waiting in hope.
In reply to elboy: At least you've had some kind of response then. I wonder why they need so long to process it. Salewa won't refund postage but are instead providing a compensatory buff.
andyathome - on 08 May 2013
Is the buff UIAA tested?
andyathome - on 08 May 2013
But a bigger issue is just how 'safe' were you using the VF kits you bought and used because they were UIAA approved.

Looking at some of the test videos available on the web would suggest that falling off a VF is pretty damned serious no matter how you attach yourself to the cables!
In reply to andyathome:Well I suppose I can be glad I didn't fall on it while I had it. I'd better have my replacement before the Alps this summer.
David Barratt - on 09 May 2013
In reply to David Barratt: Just recieved an update;

"...
The latest information I have is that they have had difficulties in receiving the necessary components from their karabiner supplier but hope to be sending replacements out by the 2nd week of June.
..."
They also confirmed they actually recieved my set so that's a relief.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.