UKC

Exeter City Bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rassapotimus 07 May 2013
Hey,

I keep walking around town and seeing stuff that would be fun for a late night boulder/buildering session..southernhay wall and hoopern valley could be fun. Anyone know of any good spots that are out of the way of annoying police/busybody types? I would like to avoid a repeat of getting caught halfway up the rendering of an oap home and the front of the museum by the same police in one night!
 cripper 08 May 2013
In reply to Rassapotimus:
the old roman wall down by the quayside is alright, a bit crumbly in places but just check before you pull on a hold. theres quite a bit of other stuff down there, and if you go late at night when the pubs aren't open then its normally pretty quiet as well
 David Alcock 08 May 2013
In reply to Rassapotimus: Back in the 80s we used to go to the Catacombs above St David's by Ironbridge, Bullmeadow near the eye hospital, and the town library sometimes. Hope that helps...
 Bobling 08 May 2013
In reply to cripper:

C'mon - please don't? If it is a Roman wall it's been there for the best part of 2000 years, don't destroy it by climbing on it.
 wiwwim 08 May 2013
In reply to Bobling: I agree, as its crumbly it would be better for dry tooling.
 wibb20 11 May 2013
In reply to Rassapotimus: How about you use an actual venue, rather than ruining a Roman wall (Southernhay wall)? Don't give climbers a bad name by climbing in inappropriate places...

Dartmoor, north and south coast, Exmoor, plus plenty of others nearby should be enough to keep you busy...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...