UKC

Conville Course 26th-28th June

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lizard-16-07 08 May 2013
Booked on to the course for 26th-28th June with a friend, we're heading out from 22nd-3rd July, so definitely keen to do routes after and some stuff before - maybe a few walks getting as high as poss without doing anything too difficult. Stopping in Argentiere at the campsite. Anyone else on this course/there at the same time? Excited!
 Trevers 16 May 2013
In reply to lizard-16-07:

yhm
Dean hepworth 16 May 2013
In reply to Trevers: how are you getting there?
OP lizard-16-07 16 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: We're flying out with easyjet, then getting the cham express to the campsite.
Dean hepworth 17 May 2013
In reply to lizard-16-07: was debating weather to drive or not probably just do the same, just might be a pain with suitcase weights . And taking the tent etc might see you there
OP lizard-16-07 17 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: Cool! You get 20kg of baggage with easyjet, my biggest weights are going to be tent and rope, but even then I should still have 14kg left at least, so should be ok. See you there!
In reply to lizard-16-07: you could always get on the plane in your b3's ha
In reply to lizard-16-07: do you think it would be worth taking two checked bags? I'm thinking tent sleeping bag plus all of my gear is going to be over weight. Though I might get away with now case and a hand luggage bag . It's my first trip so I have a lot of questions haha
 Petarghh 17 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: wear your boots and heavy clothing on the plane, pack your clothes as hand luggage and make your hold bag just climbing gear and tent etc.

the trick is to wear as much heavy stuff as possible - softshell, waterproof and belay jacket, then take it all off on the plane and annoy everyone around you.
Dean hepworth 18 May 2013
In reply to lizard-16-07: cheers mate , ive just booked my flight im going to be there from friday the 21st to the 1st of july , my course is starting the 23 so if there are other people who want to meet up and do some easy climbs or even just get out and about i will be up for that either before or after=) . also if there is anybody in the northwest that wants to meet up to walk/ scramble or do some climbing before then that would be awesome!
OP lizard-16-07 18 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: Yep exactly that, I went out last year as well and wore most of my clothes on the plane. Easyjet hand baggage weight is unlimited as long as it's the right size, so I'm going to fill my hand luggage (my day pack) with stuff as well. Good job on the flights, see you there - definitely up for stuff, have some ideas in mind!
Dean hepworth 18 May 2013
In reply to lizard-16-07: what have you done about insurance does the bmc one cover me for all we will need?
OP lizard-16-07 20 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: Yeah the BMC alpine insurance covers everything, inc travel https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/insurance/policies.aspx
Dean hepworth 20 May 2013
In reply to lizard-16-07: cheers
OP lizard-16-07 20 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: No probs!
Alchemist 20 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: Hi Dean, I'm on the same course 23rd, arriving 21st and leaving 29th June. be good to get some climbing done. if your free

Daniel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...