UKC

widdop seventh wave boulder

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Obi Wan 08 May 2013
So I went to widdop the other day, first dry day that I have been able to get out for ages.
Slow start - in fairness I haven't climbed for a couple of weeks, and been mainly indoors so far this year due to weather and time etc blah blah, you know how it is - anyho, feeling a litle rusty I managed to find my mojo and repeat most of my fave classics; Pick pockets, pool traverse, red edges etc. Feeling better about myself, I decided to finish on some easier probs that I had never bothered with before.....so, headed over to seventh wave boulder. Did the easy left arete, then figured I would just run up seven deadly sins, and seventh heaven before home.
Didn't quite go to plan! How is it that I was climbing 6b+ earlier in the day, then when I hit the easy stuff (4+ and 5) I was snookered!!
Am I missing something?? Could I figure out seventh heaven? How about no!
Pulled on..stood up..then scratched my head at the blank wall above!
Happen I was tired, but how is it that I struggled with them and not the tougher stuff?
OP Obi Wan 10 May 2013
In reply to Obi Wan:

Ok, I will rephrase it...can anyone tell me where seventh heaven starts and finishes? does it start just to right of obvious pocket and straight up the wall, passing the sloper? If so is it just smearing with feet or am I missing something?
OP Obi Wan 10 May 2013
In reply to peewee2008:

Perfect! Thanks dude, that's makes a whole lot more sense now! Turns out I was shifting every problem about two foot to its left and way of course!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...