/ rock shoes for a crusty!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Chris.Allott - on 09 May 2013
Eh up!..my Aces are trashed ( and still hurt my toes!)...the ar*e has fallen out of my ( heavily mod by carving a huge chunk of the side rand Diablo's)..so what..as a aspiring hard..but realistically "average" 60+ climber..out 1/2 dozen times a year on grit..should buy??..please note..the Aces are 1993 vintage ( 2 resoles)..the Diablo's cost me 10..and have done 8 yrs...I need to have value!...and at my age comfort!
Skip - on 09 May 2013
In reply to Chris.Allott:

Scarpa Vantage - very comfortable shoe, currently 35 at Go Outdoors
balmybaldwin - on 09 May 2013

Maybe have a look at decathlon Quecha shoes(when I last looked they wer cheap, but still pretty good and in a range of styles)
Simon2005 on 09 May 2013
In reply to Chris.Allott: I'm with you here. All my crusty mates are telling me to get the padded Boreal Jokers.
Skyfall - on 09 May 2013

Yes, Boreal Jokers seem to be great all day shoes and fine out of the box. Only question is how durable but they have a lot of fans. I know people who climb pretty hard in these yet you can definitely use them as an all day trad shoe and find they suit 'sensitive feet' ;)
kyaizawa - on 09 May 2013
In reply to Chris.Allott: Padded = comfy (as long as the fit isn't horrendous) and Boreals are pretty hard wearing so value for you there.
I'd just put in a word against the Quechua shoes from Decathlon - I'm not remotely convinced by the rubber on my pair (not sure if they use the same rubber throughout).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.