UKC

rock shoes for a crusty!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris.Allott 09 May 2013
Eh up!..my Aces are trashed ( and still hurt my toes!)...the ar*e has fallen out of my ( heavily mod by carving a huge chunk of the side rand Diablo's)..so what..as a aspiring hard..but realistically "average" 60+ climber..out 1/2 dozen times a year on grit..should buy??..please note..the Aces are 1993 vintage ( 2 resoles)..the Diablo's cost me £10..and have done 8 yrs...I need to have value!...and at my age comfort!
 Skip 09 May 2013
In reply to Chris.Allott:

Scarpa Vantage - very comfortable shoe, currently £35 at Go Outdoors
 balmybaldwin 09 May 2013

Maybe have a look at decathlon Quecha shoes(when I last looked they wer cheap, but still pretty good and in a range of styles)
 Simon2005 09 May 2013
In reply to Chris.Allott: I'm with you here. All my crusty mates are telling me to get the padded Boreal Jokers.
 Skyfall 09 May 2013

Yes, Boreal Jokers seem to be great all day shoes and fine out of the box. Only question is how durable but they have a lot of fans. I know people who climb pretty hard in these yet you can definitely use them as an all day trad shoe and find they suit 'sensitive feet'
 kyaizawa 09 May 2013
In reply to Chris.Allott: Padded = comfy (as long as the fit isn't horrendous) and Boreals are pretty hard wearing so value for you there.
I'd just put in a word against the Quechua shoes from Decathlon - I'm not remotely convinced by the rubber on my pair (not sure if they use the same rubber throughout).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...