/ Snow & rock arcteryx prices ...
yep. tho there are a few reasons why they get top dollar:
- they have many fabrics in their own version (being prototypers to both gore and polartec).
- they have their own factories with workers headhunted from others and specially trained for their tech
- a fair bit is made/finished in north america
- they have employment standards far better than a chinese sweat shop
- they use technology that is expensive, requires extra skills and is their own
- they use about double the stitch count, which takes longer to sew and time is money
- they use advanced patterning, which relies on larger selvage (the amount of fabric required)
- they dont have lower quality lines of cheaper stuff to offset costs (like almost all other brands do)
- they produce smaller numbers of stuff in total (even tho they have extensive military contracts)
- they spend big on detailing
- they spend big on in store shelf prominence
- they spend big on R&D
it doesnt explain 37 pound t shirts and youre right, still doesnt add up till that bird logo sets sewn in.
I have put a posting on the snow & rock face book page and they are looking into it .
Elsewhere on the site
The Epicentre Mega Winter Sale starts in store 9am Christmas Eve. We have a great selection of in store only deals from... Read more
With four photos in this week's top ten, and a UKC gallery of stunning images we thought it was time we had a chat with... Read more
This years ROCfest will be slightly different. We've decided to run a Climbing Festival, not just a competition! Over... Read more
F ounded in 1993, Mountain Hardwear are a pretty young mountaineering clothing and equipment manufacturer but are also one of... Read more
On Saturday 13th December Greg Boswell and Guy Robertson kicked off their Scottish winter season early by making the... Read more