UKC

Snow & rock arcteryx prices ...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
snorbie 09 May 2013
Just been checking the slush n rubble website ......arcteryx prices are mad ...alpha sv £625 ! Gamma sl hybrid pant £199 ....a printed t shirt £37 .... I know the dead bird is expensive but !!!!
ice.solo 09 May 2013
In reply to snorbie:

yep. tho there are a few reasons why they get top dollar:
- they have many fabrics in their own version (being prototypers to both gore and polartec).
- they have their own factories with workers headhunted from others and specially trained for their tech
- a fair bit is made/finished in north america
- they have employment standards far better than a chinese sweat shop
- they use technology that is expensive, requires extra skills and is their own
- they use about double the stitch count, which takes longer to sew and time is money
- they use advanced patterning, which relies on larger selvage (the amount of fabric required)
- they dont have lower quality lines of cheaper stuff to offset costs (like almost all other brands do)
- they produce smaller numbers of stuff in total (even tho they have extensive military contracts)
- they spend big on detailing
- they spend big on in store shelf prominence
- they spend big on R&D

it doesnt explain 37 pound t shirts and youre right, still doesnt add up till that bird logo sets sewn in.
 martinph78 10 May 2013
In reply to ice.solo: You forgot to mention that snow and rock are probably the most expensive retailer. They often charge above RRP, that is if you can actually find a price on anything (in store)!

In reply to snorbie: I usually buy direct from the Arcteryx website, Alpha SV is 500 there. Has the advantage of a wider choice of colours etc.
 gear boy 10 May 2013
In reply to snorbie: They do offer a price match on competitors, has to in stock in the same colour/size
snorbie 10 May 2013
In reply to snorbie:
I have put a posting on the snow & rock face book page and they are looking into it .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...