/ Snow & rock arcteryx prices ...
yep. tho there are a few reasons why they get top dollar:
- they have many fabrics in their own version (being prototypers to both gore and polartec).
- they have their own factories with workers headhunted from others and specially trained for their tech
- a fair bit is made/finished in north america
- they have employment standards far better than a chinese sweat shop
- they use technology that is expensive, requires extra skills and is their own
- they use about double the stitch count, which takes longer to sew and time is money
- they use advanced patterning, which relies on larger selvage (the amount of fabric required)
- they dont have lower quality lines of cheaper stuff to offset costs (like almost all other brands do)
- they produce smaller numbers of stuff in total (even tho they have extensive military contracts)
- they spend big on detailing
- they spend big on in store shelf prominence
- they spend big on R&D
it doesnt explain 37 pound t shirts and youre right, still doesnt add up till that bird logo sets sewn in.
I have put a posting on the snow & rock face book page and they are looking into it .
Elsewhere on the site
October 21, 2014 – Textile Exchange, a global nonprofit dedicated to sustainability in the apparel and textile industry,... Read more
The B.D.V. — short for Black Diamond Vertical — jacket and pants are Black Diamond’s most versatile climbing... Read more
So, just what is the Petzl RocTrip? Every year French climbing manufacturer pick a sport climbing area that has potential... Read more