UKC

Resoling Rock Shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 EalCapitan 11 May 2013
My lovely five ten LV anasazi shoes which I bought last September have pretty much lost all their edging and I'm weighing up the possibility of resoling them to save money (student life. . .). I was wondering if anyone has had good results? A couple of people have said don't bother but I'd like a wider opinion!

Thanks!

Eal
 GridNorth 11 May 2013
In reply to EalCapitan: Llanberis Resoles have just resoled and put a rand on my Evolve Bandits which wore out prematurely. The workmanship is excellent and the shoes are now better than the original but that's partly because the uppers were in such good condition.
 Bruce Hooker 11 May 2013
In reply to EalCapitan:

I've had several pairs resoled, they worked better after than before. So I'd say it was well worth it - but, of course, it depends who does it. Mine were always done by the bloke who has a van cum shop at the cemetery car park for the Trois Pignons - he has also done my mountain boots too, again well done and not expensive.

Maybe not convenient for you but just to say there is nothing wrong with the principal.
 Murd 11 May 2013
In reply to EalCapitan: Llanberis resoles, had a couple of pairs done and so have my buddies, he does a top notch job, would not go anywhere else now
 ray 11 May 2013
In reply to EalCapitan: just had my mythos back from cheshire shoe repairs. top workmanship (society of master shoe repairers!) and cheaper than llanberis. i paid 38 at cheshire for resole toe patches and 1st class return post, 50 with llanberis

http://www.cheshireshoe.co.uk/
 ray 11 May 2013
In reply to ray: in the past they have resoled other rock shoes of mine and approach shoes and always had a great servis and quality.
 GridNorth 11 May 2013
In reply to ray: I've used Chesire, Feet First and Llanberis Resoles. The workmanship of Llanberis resoles is the best. The rand patches are almost invisible. I wouldn't use anyone else now.
 tk421 11 May 2013
In reply to EalCapitan: torquil at llanberis resoles sent back 2 pairs of five tens back and they look good as new
 mrchewy 11 May 2013
In reply to GridNorth: Interesting - Torquil just re-randed and soled my Bandits and whilst the rand is top quality, the edges on the sole are set back from where they were and the shoes just don't edge anything like before.
He's done other shoes for me and they've been better than new but I won't be getting Bandits done again - now he's put his prices up, it's not much more for a new pair. It might be a different decision if I was using £125 shoes but for the extra £30, I'd sooner have the a new pair that come with the added bonus of not smelling.
OP EalCapitan 11 May 2013
In reply to EalCapitan: Thanks that's really helpful! I'll try Llanberis once I'm done with uni for the year and have three weeks of no climbing. . .
 Fiskavaig 11 May 2013
In reply to EalCapitan: I have in the past,used Feetfirst and Cheshire, both did an exellent job, and gave me a full resole. I recently tried Llanberis, mainly because of recommendations from ukc,and was very dissapointed, i asked for a resole and rand repair, the rand repair was ok, but only the toe section of the sole was replaced, and sections of the remaining sole (which were coming adrift from the shoe) were left that way! I will be going back to Feetfirst and Cheshire for any future repairs.
 stevedude888 11 May 2013
In reply to EalCapitan: Used both Llanberis and Cheshire in the past, very high quality workmanship from both (though the prices have gone up at Llanberis), got my Muiras back from Cheshire today and they are like new ( And cheaper!)
 PhilR 11 May 2013
In reply to EalCapitan: Hi, I had my Solutions resoled by TCA ( http://www.tcaclimbingshop.com/tca-resoling/tca-resoling-service.html ) and they came back as good as new, keeping their downturned shape. They send them off to France and I think Andrea Boldrini are the company that does the resoling.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...