Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Injury, back of knee during rockovers

partz - on 11 May 2013
Hi all

About 4 weeks ago I started to notice I couldnt rockover on my left leg. I could slightly heel-hook, but as soon as I pointed my foot down and start to pull my knee inwards (thus rocking over onto it) Well basically I couldn't because the pain was excruciating and Id have to stop.

The pain is in a strange place too. The back of my left kneecap, inbetween the two main (tendons?). The pain mostly begins if I point my foot downwards and ceases if I stop the movement. Theres no swelling or obvious signs of deformation.

Pretty much any other movement however is fine - I can walk, run, ride bikes and do all other climbing movements include toe-hooks, flags - everything except leftward rock overs!

Im mid final year engineering exams at the moment so havent been to a physio yet, has anyone come across this before or can offer advice? Its been 4 weeks now and I have still used it but not in ways that exasabate it.

Any help would be appreciated!
... not showing 4 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums