UKC

Out of season ski equipment

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Norris 12 May 2013
Could anyone recommend some good shops (either online or local to the north west) that i might be able to pick up some bargains on ski equipment? Im considering getting ski boots, skis and bindings.

Thanks

Simon
aligibb 06 Jun 2013
In reply to The Norris:

Always worth keeping an eye on sports pursuit for skis... though might be too late now they had lots on sale in April.
 deepstar 06 Jun 2013
In reply to The Norris:I know it it is a long way but if you were heading to the Alps this summer you can pick bargain ex hire stuff in Chamonix,I did.
 blurty 06 Jun 2013
In reply to The Norris:

Do you know what you want? (sizes etc)

if you do, Sport-Conrad is hard to beat
 andy 06 Jun 2013
In reply to blurty:
> (In reply to The Norris)
>
> Do you know what you want? (sizes etc)
>
> if you do, Sport-Conrad is hard to beat

I got mine from glisshop.co.uk (uk web address but the shop's in France) - similar to Conrad, with great service and prices.
 mudmonkey 11 Jun 2013
In reply to The Norris:

Sport Conrad and Telemark Pyrenees are the best online deals. Have bought skis from both - Sport Conrad especially has great deals. Facewest has some OK reductions on ski kit too
 John Ww 11 Jun 2013
In reply to mudmonkey5:
> (In reply to The Norris)
>
> Sport Conrad and Telemark Pyrenees

Another vote for both of these - just pissed off that I didn't get in fast enough for a pair of K2 Coombebacks at a ridiculous price.

JW
 John Cuthbert 14 Jun 2013
In reply to John Ww:

Hey John I have a pair of 2012 177cm Coombacks for sale..

I used them roughly 6 times this winter, so they are in almost perfect nick. They had a pair of Fritschi touring bindings fitted, but I have removed these.

They also come with brand new toruing skins (BD, Mixed), if you are interested.

John Cuthbert

John Cuthbert 14 Jun 2013
In reply to The Norris:

Hi I have a pair of 2012 Scott Missions for sale (177cms). They are brand new this winter, and have been used 4 times.

they come with brand new BD skins (alos used 4 times).

They are fitted with Fritschi Freeride bindings. They are 5 years old, but are in excellent condition.

I'm open to offers if you are interested.

John Cuthbert
 SteveHolmes 15 Jun 2013
In reply to The Norris:
Massive discounts at http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/ and superb customer service too.
bumble 22 Jul 2013
Still getting Sale emails from Sport-Conrad. Their service is very good, plenty to choose from.
 kevin stephens 22 Jul 2013
In reply to The Norris:
Rivington Alpine is the best ski boot fitter in the NW and probably farther afield too. Not sure what deals they have on at the moment but you can be sure of not having to throw away a pair of poorly fitted boots after first season and start again, as far too many bargain hunters end up doing.
Shearwater 22 Jul 2013
I've had good dealings with BackcountryUK. They tend to stock a reasonable range of ski touring boots, though you have to get em quick cos they go out of stock fast.

I've used sport-conrad, glissshop, telemark pyrenees and edgeandwax with no problems. Snowinn is also sometimes good for bargains but they're not 100% reliable. Don't order anything from them that isn't in stock! Their returns system has worked for me, and I've been refunded in full when they screwed up my order. They sell some of the cheapest touring bindings of anywhere in the EU and US... got some new dynafit tlt speeds for £205 right now, and radical speeds for £235.
 John Ww 22 Jul 2013
In reply to John Cuthbert:

Hi John - I've only just seen your post today, my apologies for not replying earlier! As it happens, my g/f has bought me a new pair - what a girl! Anyway, thanks for the offer, cheers, John.
 MischaHY 22 Jul 2013
In reply to The Norris:

Edge and Wax has some great deals on at the moment, I just picked up a set of Atomic Alibi 2013's with Marker Jester bindings for £435. To put this into perspective, the skis retailed at £450 and the bindings at £300. They've still got some in stock but only the 187's so you'd have to be tall - it also depends what type of ski you want, as I knew I wanted all mountain twin tip rockered skis that would be great on piste and powder alike. Your preference may be considerably different.

I picked up my new boots from Snow and Rock, I got the Tecnica Demon 130's for £189 (bargaintastic!) but again, this is a very personal choice, as I wanted a stiff lightweight boot for freestyle and off piste skiing. I would say buy skis online if you know your preferred size, but boots need to be bought and fitted in a shop, so that you get proper measurements and make sure they are good and snug.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...