Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Alpine Beginner...

JAOADMS - on 14 May 2013
Good afternoon!

Recently I have booked onto the ARC'TERYX Alpine academy as a first introduction to alpine climbing... as I have never been alpine climbing my knowledge is limited and I'd appreciate some advice (thanks in advance!).

This may be a stupid question, but here it goes... on their site ARC'TERYX recommend arriving a day or two early to help acclimate, however the company I work for have just decided that they want to send me over to Amsterdam until the Thursday so I cannot arrive early as the first day out is the Friday. Could this actually be a problem or will I just spend the day out of breath? I wouldn't have thought the day is going to be too strenuous as I have only booked an introduction to glacier travel and surely this would limit the altitude we'll actually travel up to...
What will the approx. temperature in June between 3000-4000m out of the shade? I can't actually find temperatures quoted anywhere, is just below 0C a fair guess?
How much is a ticket up the Aiguille Du Midi?

Could anyone recommend somewhere to stay in Chamonix? I am just looking for somewhere that is cheap and not too far from Aiguille Du Midi base station (ideally walking distance). I was thinking of camping, however now that I have to fly directly from Amsterdam to Geneva it would mean taking a tent ect with me on a business trip, which although not impossible would be awkward.

Thanks!!

... not showing 10 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums