Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - More speed, less haste

Minneconjou Sioux - on 14 May 2013
So I'm cycling in to work today. The usual "flat out, take no prisoners" approach. And I'm coming up to the final set of lights in the centre of town where I need to make a left turn (equivalent of right turn in UK) and its red. Its a narrow side street so my brain says "don't wait at the lights, oh no, nip across onto the pavement. And just as I go a car comes from nowhere (his right of way) so I brake hard, come to a grinding halt and promptly fall over cos I can't get my feet unclipped.

So the little guy selling papers on the corner starts to rush to my aid and I give him the look which says "DO NOT MAKE A SCENE - DO NOT TAKE ONE MORE STEP" and I gather my last vestiges of dignity and cycle off (I did say thanks to him as I passed).

There are several lessons in this:

1, Stick to the rules of the road
2, More speed, less haste
3, Learn to unclip on instinct
4, The stupidity of your actions is directly proportional to the number of people watching you.
... not showing 12 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums