For Sale/Wanted forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - FS: Wild Country Nitro carabiners

ElBarto - on 14 May 2013 - user since 23/Jul/08
Price: 50
including postage to mainland UK (will consider other destinations).

If you want to purchase less than 11 I'm selling them for 4 each + postage (postage cost will vary depending on how many you buy).

I'm selling 11 Wild Country Nitro silver carabiners which are all in good functioning condition, no deformations or major damage, all the gates have good snap closing action and they've never been fallen on.

They do all have superficial scratching from being against the rock, I've done my best to photograph that but they're shallow so it's hard to make them show up. I've taken one close up photo of a carabiner in the worst effected area to try and show the scratches as best I can, it's the last photo and they all have similar superficial scratching.

The first 10 have all been used on the rope end and a few have gotten a little shinier in the bucket but only slightly and as the whole carabiner is silver you have to look fairly hard to even notice it. There's no deformation where the rope has been running through the bucket but there is a little 'groove' where it sits, this however is part of the manufactures design to keep the rope in place and not something that's been warn in.

The 11th one has been used on the end that clips to gear & bolts so there's some scratching in the bucket end but it's very minor, I've taken a photo of it which actually makes it look far worse than it is. When I run my finger across it, it is very hard to even feel so I don't think it'd damage a rope running through it.

Wild Country website:
http://www.wildcountry.co.uk/products/karabiners/nitro-tech-wire/

Some photos are a bit blurry but the ones that aren't give you a good idea of the others as they all look pretty much the same, quite hard getting them all in clear focus.
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjF3NVfT
... not showing 5 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums