UKC

Birmingham climbing walls

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
punterpete 15 May 2013
Hi,

I'm making a flying visit to Birmingham (Solihull to be precise) on Thursday and will have some hours to kill on Thursday evening. Can anyone recommend a wall? I'll be on my own so I'm restricted to bouldering- whose is the best? Things like quality of cafe and general vibe are also important!!

Cheers

Pete
 dsgarner 15 May 2013
In reply to punterpete:
> Hi,
>
> I'm making a flying visit to Birmingham (Solihull to be precise) on Thursday and will have some hours to kill on Thursday evening. Can anyone recommend a wall? I'll be on my own so I'm restricted to bouldering- whose is the best? Things like quality of cafe and general vibe are also important!!
>
> Cheers
>
> Pete

Creation in Mosley has some bouldering, but don't know what it is like there, but there is a cafe

Redpoint in the city centre has some bouldering, the problems are a bit short, but everyone there is really friendly. They have a little food counter (cakes, tea and coffee)

For boudering only, there is Boulder Central. This is in West Brom (the other side of the city from Solihull), but is fantastic for bouldering, with some decent problems and a good range. Good crowd there, and the staff are always happy to help you out if you can't do a problem (and they have have free coaching on a Thurs eve!). They have a proper coffee machine, but not a great range of food (fruit, energy bars, chocolate)

There is the Birmingham Boulder centre (?) in the city centre, near snow hill station. I have never been so have no idea what it is like.
Muriel 15 May 2013
In reply to punterpete:
Hi Pete

I recommend Birmingham Bouldering Centre for Bouldering, they are the best bouldering venue I have used in the Birmingham area.

The staff are very friendly and always happy to help and are very knowledgable, I always find it a great atmosphere and a very friendly place.

They have a proper coffee machine and a selection of homemade cakes and flapjacks. Which I must say are pretty yummy!

The problems are probably the best you'll find in Birmingham, well that's my opinion, I have got quite addicted to the place.

Muriel

Brumbler 15 May 2013
In reply to punterpete:

As said before, you've got Creation, Redpoint, Boulder central, or Birmingham bouldering centre.

If it was me I'd go to Birmingham bouldering centre, personally I think it's the best bouldering wall in Brum, great setting, good cafe and a good vibe. Also it's very close to Snow Hill station to perfect if you're on public transport.
In reply to punterpete:

Creation's buoldering is excellent and is on the same side of Birmingham as Solihull.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...