UKC

NEWS: REPORT: Bouldering World Cup Slovenia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 16 May 2013
Tom Newman wrestling bloc 2 in the men's qualifiers, 4 kbLast weekend the 4th round of the 2013 Boulder World Cup took place in Log Dragomer, Slovenia. It was to be a well-attended comp with 65 men and 56 women, including 9 of our very own hopeful athletes.

"...Next it was the ladies turn and with Coxsey, Leslie-Wujastyk and Crane having made it through all qualifying rounds this year we were set to have four Brits in the semis..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68060

Jody 16 May 2013
Fun report. I am really enjoying watching the Bouldering comps.

Alex Puccio's cheeky beta on F3 (?) in the semi-finals was a particular highlight.
gritstoner 17 May 2013
In reply to UKC News:

> We have had some brilliant results in the past-Simon Nadin beating French rock god Didier Raboutou in front of a home crowd in 1989

Just when I thought that I'd found a sport where individual achievement, local community and international friendships count more than the stamp on your passport, along comes a wave of post-Olympic jingoist bullshit that sweeps us right back on the football terraces.
andyjjj 17 May 2013
In reply to gritstoner:

Do you reckon Simon Nadin was in it for a stamp on his passport then?!
 Puppythedog 17 May 2013
In reply to andyjjj: I think his point is about bringing nationalism into these competitions being potentially a bad thing and quite unnecessary. it refers to the article not to Simon Nadin.

In response to gritstoner: we are talking about the British team and all IFSC profiles do list nationality.
 Steve nevers 20 May 2013
In reply to UKC News: Are the replays hosted anywhere but youtube?
 Blue Straggler 20 May 2013
In reply to gritstoner:

You are happy, however, to have a website called ukclimbing.com host a profile for you :-P

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...