Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Rab Boreas or Buffalo Wind Shirt

benallan on 16 May 2013
A windproof top is a favourite piece of kit for me, but I’ve never been able to find one that is ‘just right’. I’ve already owned or tried the following:

Rab Cirrus – large is too baggy but medium is too tight.
Marmot – same as Rab.
Montane Featherlite – sleeves too short, only xl has long enough sleeves for me, but is huge everywhere else
Patagonia Houdini – I like Patagonia gear, but 80 odd quid for a wind top is a bit much
North Face Flyweight – good hood and shape but body length too short
Paramo ‘Tattie Sack’ Fuera – fit is horrible also too heavy and not as packable as the rest.

My body shape/size is obviously a problem, I’m 6’1, slim-ish build, slighty disproportionate upper-upper body and a longer than average arm length (ideal for climbing but crap for fitting clothes).

I’m thinking about looking at the Buffalo Wind Shirt, and also considering the Rab Boreas, any opinions on either of these? What is the sizing like on them? Any other suggestions for a breathable, lightweight, packable wind top?
... not showing 11 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums