UKC

Conville course 23-25 June

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dean hepworth 16 May 2013
Just got a place today as somebody has dropped out , anybody else going for those dates, were are you staying ? Thinking I will camp as other people seem to think that's the best option , also what dates are you staying until as I would like to hang around and do some easy routes ?

Very exited now haha
 spenser 16 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: I'm on the 19th- 21st of june course, possibly looking at staying out until the 28th.
Dean hepworth 16 May 2013
In reply to spenser: yeah I'm going to stay for a few days after and make the most of it! And would be happy to meet up, are you camping?
Alchemist 20 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth:

Hi All, I'm on the same course, arriving friday 9 am and staying untill the 29th. look forward to meeting up
Dean hepworth 20 May 2013
In reply to Alchemist: I'm also getting there Friday, probably afternoon . And staying until the 1st , were are you from?
Alchemist 20 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: I live in Nottingham currently but from Lancashire originally. What about you? how are you travelling?
Dean hepworth 20 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: cool, Im from Liverpool , and flying out with easyjet, really excited now just have lots of kit to buy Haha
Alchemist 20 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: Yeah me too, looking for some boots as my vegas are the worst to walk in. BTW my names Daniel.
what are u looking to acquire?
Dean hepworth 21 May 2013
In reply to Alchemist: oh what seems live a e pensive list haha, just bits really but it all ads up . Climbing hardware, ice screws at roughly fifty quid a pop, survival bag, sheet sleeping bag ( is that the same kind of thing as a liner? ) hemet oh and sun glasses which could cripple me as I could do with prescription ones , but it's kit I'm always going to need and would have had to buy anyway, was thinking about a rope too as I'm staying out . Adds up haha, what boots are you going for?
Dean hepworth 22 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: is a sleeping bag liner the same as a sheet sleeping bag?
Alchemist 22 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: Yes man, i do believe it is the same. Ive been looking at Batura 2s', thinking that its a technical boot that you can take them pretty high too.
Yeah climbing gear does add up. i'm going for a borrow approach as much as i can.
Dean hepworth 23 May 2013
In reply to Alchemist: I've not a pair of the older baturas unhappy with mine, slight heel lift so I've got the little wedges under the innersole seems to have fixed it , got mine from needle sports they were a lot cheaper than most places, the new ones have a nice price tag! , what are h out doing about food, are you taking a stove or going to go out, I don't know if there is really an option of eating out .il have to check, or live on pop tarts for 11 days haha
Dean hepworth 28 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: thinking about getting a caravan as it would be much more convenient, the site says it can sleep 4 I'm there from the 21st still the 1st so would cost me €300 which is abit expensive but if anybody was willing stay too it would be a option anybody interested?
Alchemist 30 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: Hi Dean, yep gonna get a stove to travel with. Borrowing lots of stuff from friends at the moment.
I would be interested in the caravan share, but only if we get 3 or preferable 4 involved

Daniel
Dean hepworth 30 May 2013
In reply to Alchemist: it's booked up all summer, looks like were camping haha
Dean hepworth 13 Jun 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: I fly out on Friday, anybody else getting there early? Go for a wonder possibly some easy sport climbing?
Hi, I'm going to be arriving there early Friday morning, is anyone else going to be around then?
Dean hepworth 16 Jun 2013
In reply to laurence_falconer: I won't be arriving until around evening time I guess, .i have a greenish cheap coleman tent that I may look too big for, come say hello if your around
Okay sweet, ive got a green vango typhoon tent so ill be around somewhere! Just started trying to sort out what to pack, bit of a nightmare as its my first alpine summer!
Alchemist 16 Jun 2013
In reply to laurence_falconer: Hello Laurence and Dean, ill be arriving friday morning, around 11 am.
my names Daniel, i will also have a green tent and a tarpaulin. will look out for u both. if u have phones let me know i can pass u my number and drop me a text

Daniel
Dean hepworth 16 Jun 2013
In reply to laurence_falconer: just sorted my gear out, very close to the limit and I have a extra spots bag, the 12 for that doesn't go far once you add rope and few bits
Dean hepworth 20 Jun 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: weather forecast is not looking good for the next few days, lots of rain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...