UKC

Kendal Camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SteveOc 19 May 2013
Hi guys, looking to head up to Kendal for a few days towards the end of the week and am looking for a campsite.

Not too bothered about facilities but I only seem to be able to find Camping and Caravan club ones. Within about 15 mins of Kendal would be nice.

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is not the right forum.
 peas65 19 May 2013
In reply to SteveOc:

Thats pretty much all there is. Kendal is crap for campsites.
OP SteveOc 19 May 2013
In reply to peas65:

Cheers Peas, good knowledge. Any Keswick area beta? Cheep and cheerful would be nice...
 peas65 19 May 2013
In reply to SteveOc:
Best campsite near Keswick is t seathwaite/stonethwaite at the end of borrowdale. Costs £5 per night and is pretty basic but great location. If you need to be near Keswick there is either Braithwaite (2 miles) or Castlerigg (1 mile) but both are not cheap and i think they are both caravan club sites or similar.
 lpretro1 20 May 2013
In reply to peas65: And on a Bank Holiday weekend likely to be booked up.
 mattrm 20 May 2013
In reply to SteveOc:

Keswick campsites:

Castlerigg Farm, £14 per night (2 adults and a car). Nice, clean and quiet. Good restaurant onsite. There is another site opposite, but have never camped there.

Lanefoot Farm in Thornthwaite, £17 per night. Again, nice, clean and quiet. Can be booked on line. Might already be full.
OP SteveOc 20 May 2013
In reply to mattrm:

Cheers guys, good knowledge. I've managed to get booked in at Burn's Campsite I think, just outside Keswick. Nice and cheap.

I shall be leaving the Lakes on Friday and will pass all the tourists on my way home. Looking forward to having the place to myself.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...