UKC

Staying Psyched

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 luke_rob123 20 May 2013
How do people keep the 'psych' levels up for climbing training??

Looking to head to Font late in the year and i know i must do as much training as i can so i don't cry when i cant do anything once there.
Any 'Psych' advise would be muchos appreciated.
 mrchewy 20 May 2013
In reply to luke_rob123: Surround yourself with people who are consistently psyched for climbing and training. It rubs off in my experience.
 kwoods 20 May 2013
In reply to mrchewy:
> (In reply to luke_rob123) Surround yourself with people who are consistently psyched for climbing and training. It rubs off in my experience.

This imo! And just having inspiring lines you want to do.
 Elrond 20 May 2013
In reply to luke_rob123:

Just gotta get PSYCHED dude!!!!!!
 joeldering 21 May 2013
In reply to luke_rob123:

I set myself goals and keep a training diary. I find it really motivating to know that if I skip out on a session, I'll look back and see a big blank section in my diary and feel like a massive arse for missing out on the potential progress.
 joeldering 21 May 2013
In reply to luke_rob123:

Oh, and do you have some goals in mind for what you want to climb in Font? I reckon knowing some specific problems you want to try is probably quite helpful!
 pork pie girl 21 May 2013
In reply to luke_rob123: start posting on UKC fitclub

it's full of freaks who are always psyched
 Needkraken 21 May 2013
In reply to luke_rob123: Set yourself goals, both some just outside your current level and some higher ones

Climb with people who challenge you/are enthusiastic/ don't let you give up

Keep changing it up, train at a variety of places so you don't find yourself just repeating the same problems you know you can do

or as PPG says...join fit club, you find yourself not wanting to slack of if randoms from the internet are seeing what you'e done each week
 Luke Owens 21 May 2013
In reply to luke_rob123:

Have goals, and train specificly for them.
Publicly state them and aspire towards them - Fit club?
Climb with motivated people.
Mix up training so it doesn't get boring.

Climbing with motivated people means most to be pesonally and I end up massively psyched!
Sircumfrins 21 May 2013
In reply to luke_rob123: Watch the Jan Hojer video before you climb...that should do it!
 Ramblin dave 21 May 2013
In reply to luke_rob123:
I find it really helps to learn to get satisfaction from a wall session that leaves you feeling knackered and well exercised rather as well as one where you make noticeable progress and get up new problems. Learn to enjoy the work as well as the payoff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...