Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Swiss Alps guidebooks, are they worth it?

ralphio - on 21 May 2013
Currently in the process of planning our first trip to the Alps this summer. Heading to Arolla and Saas Fee. Buying a decent guidebook was going to be one of the first steps but we're having trouble finding one that would be suitable. Both the AC guides seem almost impossible to get hold of and from looking at previous posts on here they may be a bit out of date anyway. Martin Morans book would be ok but doesn't include all the routes we want to do, especially in Arolla (sub 4000m). Have done a lot of route research on here, summitpost and vasrious mountain guide websites and have come up with loads of fairrly detailed information. For some peak such as Aiguille de la Tsa I've got nearly an A4 page of information!

So it got me thinking. Is it actually worth us having a guidebook? Would they give us anything extra that you cant find on the internet?

The only guidebook I've seen that may be suitable is the Swiss Plaisir Alpin book. Anyone got a copy? Any good?

Thanks...
... not showing 18 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums