UKC

NEWS: Steve McClure Climbs New 9a/+ Link-up

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 23 May 2013
Steve McClure on Overshadow, 9a+, Malham Cove, North Yorkshire, 4 kbSteve McClure has just successfully redpointed a new link-up at Malham, Yorkshire, though not his main project at the crag, it still weighs in at 9a/+, putting it up there with the hardest routes at the crag...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68071
In reply to UKC News:

Like the La Dura Dura reference for the name of the project.
 Guy Atkinson 23 May 2013
In reply to UKC News:
What a beast! Still going hard!
 Purple 23 May 2013
In reply to UKC News:

"alzheimer's flash" !!

How very alzheimers sufferer-ist. This phrase should be banned in case someone gets upset.
 Bulls Crack 23 May 2013
In reply to Purple:

It is a bit tasteless. Impressive stuff though!
 henwardian 23 May 2013
In reply to UKC News: "The Easy Easy" - best name ever harhar. Though for full irony factor I think the route in question should be 9c.
 Ian Patterson 23 May 2013
In reply to henwardian:
> (In reply to UKC News) "The Easy Easy" - best name ever harhar. Though for full irony factor I think the route in question should be 9c.

I think it's thought to be 9b or maybe evem harder. The name is great and references La Dura Dura (the hard hard). Hope he manages it.

henwardian 23 May 2013
In reply to Ian Patterson:
> (In reply to henwardian)
> [...]
>
> I think it's thought to be 9b or maybe evem harder. The name is great and references La Dura Dura (the hard hard). Hope he manages it.

I don't think you understood my post.
 mbambi 24 May 2013
In reply to Purple: Yes, agreed about the alzheimers, always preferred the term "grey point", (which I'm not sure Steve qualifies for).
 MarkDavies36 24 May 2013
In reply to Bulls Crack: My dad's a sufferer and I actually found the comment quite humorous. Horses for courses I suppose. I was more impressed with the climbing to be honest than to worry about anything else that was written.
In reply to UKC News: Have edited out "alzheimer's flash", bad choice of phrases on my part, apologies.

Steve also wanted to apologise: "I’d like to apologise for using the term “Alzheimer’s flash”, its one of those crag banter comments that I accidentally put on my Blog. It’s easy to forget you aren’t just writing to your mates and that people all over could read it and even just extract entire comments at will..."

Cheers, Dunc
 MJ 27 May 2013
In reply to Duncan Campbell - UKC:

Have edited out "alzheimer's flash", bad choice of phrases on my part, apologies.

You appear to have deleted the entire story and not just edited it.
 MJ 27 May 2013
In reply to MJ:

Story now back.
Maybe I was having a bit of a senior moment earlier?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...