Rock Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Climbing info for US climbing trip

wave1art - on 23 May 2013
My girlfriend and I have just booked a long trip (three months) to the west coast of the US with the primary intention to climb. In the UK I have a lot of knowledge of the best climbing areas but I don't really know where to start to pull together a list of crags to visit in the US or where to get the best topos (is there something like the great UKC and Rockfax guides?).

Our current plan is to start in California and to pick up a van for the duration. We have friends in several places in Colorado and Oregon so were thinking of a loop to include: Yosemite, Utah, Colorado, Teton and Oregon (at least as far north as Portland). We will be in the US from the beginnning of August until the end of October. We boulder and climb trad and sport. We don't climb super hard, topping out at around f7a+, and prefer relatively well protected and more technical climbs to bold or scary routes.

Three questions therefore:
1) what are the best resources, online or offline for US climbing in general or specifically for the areas that we will be passing through?

2)Are there any areas/crags in particular that you would recommend to visit, even if they are a little off route?

3)Given that we will be there in late summer does anyone have any recommendations for the order in which to do the trip?

Many thanks for your help!
Toby
... not showing 11 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums