UKC

need new rock shoes, help!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jenny Monkey 24 May 2013
Hi, i'm in pretty desperate need of some new rock shoes but am struggling to find some that fit, I have a really high arch and have had foot injuries from shoes that don't support my arch properly so was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a pair to save me trawling round every shop trying on every pair of shoes!!!
 tom84 25 May 2013
In reply to Jenny Monkey:

heres my 2 pence. if the shoes are too big, your foot will have to work harder to stand on small edges. this means your plantar fascia will be put under greater strain. so go for something tight that will stretch ( i.e. not sythetic) and something stiff (i prefer miura lace) the high instep thing could be awkward, velcro could be a good option.
 And Climb 25 May 2013
In reply to Jenny Monkey: I thought 5.10 arrowheads had a high arch but out of all the shoes I've tried on they're the only ones that have had a noticeably high arch. They are mega soft though.

Removed User 25 May 2013
In reply to Jenny Monkey: I have exactly the same issue Tenaya Masai are amazing. Not to aggressive yet still can cope at the sharp end.
OP Jenny Monkey 26 May 2013
In reply to Removed UserNangadreams: i currently have the tenaya aqua plus and they're great but thoroughly worn out now, I'll maybe try the masai as i like the way tenaya fits and the rubber's pretty good too!
Removed User 26 May 2013
In reply to Jenny Monkey: Masai will fit perfectly I would have thought. Happy climbing
Removed User 27 May 2013
In reply to Jenny Monkey: La Sportiva Miura? VCS or Lace, arch seems to be pretty high on them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...