Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Gym work for riding.

Chay - on 27 May 2013
Hi folks,

As background, my usual week consists of:

A ride or two mid week of around 30/35/40 miles; I tend to be time constrained so this is often all I can fit in. On the weekend, I'll fit in one longer ride 50-80miles. It really depends.Now, I should stress here that when I go out and ride my bike I ride my bike because I love it. I don't ride my back to try and beat any time records or ride past as many people as possible.

However, in order to ride long distances in nice settings I need to be fit, strong and happy climbing. I can fit in a few gym sessions a week and looking for some advice of things to do in order to generally improve my cycling fitness and be more comfortable over distances and climbs.

Thanks.
C

Please note, I do not want to go out on my bike doing intervals, pace rides or things that really aren't fun. I enjoy riding my bike, suffering needs to be reserved to the gym
... not showing 40 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums