UKC

NEWS: BMC International Meet 2013

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 28 May 2013
Host Ed Booth on Bow Wall, E2 5b, Bosigran, 4 kbThis years' International Meet was held at Bosigran, Cornwall, (12th-19th May), fortunately giving mainly great weather despite the bad forecast and unseasonably cold temperatures in the UK. Once again, climbers of all abilities from both the UK and over 20 different countries came together to...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68074
 Misha 28 May 2013
In reply to UKC News:

I'm sure I saw Benno on a flying visit to Sennen on the last day...

The barn dance, led by Dave Turnbull at one stage, was a pretty unique experience! The horses, sheep and chickens must have thought so too.

Would really recommend this meet to all experienced climbers.

Thanks to Becky and Dave for organising and the Peters family for keeping up well fed. Though apparently a lot of our overseas guests couldn't quite handle the chilli... also a cultural experience!
 Tom Last 28 May 2013
In reply to Misha:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> I'm sure I saw Benno on a flying visit to Sennen on the last day...
>
Hi Misha, you're correct, he did Golva and Samson Arete, but made up for it after with Atlantic Ocean Wall!

Cheers,
Tom
 andi turner 28 May 2013
In reply to Southern Man: I like to think his highlight was our escape from great zawn. Doesn't matter how many 8c's you've climbed when it comes to vertical vegetation pulling. Amazing meet for sure!
 Tom Last 28 May 2013
In reply to andi turner:

Definitely the most underated ascent of the week from what you said Andi! Makes me shudder just to think of it.

Should check with AndyM, it's probably a 1st ascent!!!
 Misha 29 May 2013
In reply to andi turner:
Looking forward to the photo topo
 lummox 29 May 2013
In reply to Sean Kelly: I hope Frank the husky and his owner both behaved...
 Sean Kelly 29 May 2013
In reply to lummox: Dog was unimpressed with the wild weather as it loved being outside!
 adie84 30 May 2013
In reply to Sean Kelly: It was actually Buster, Franks brother that was at the meet, although Franks owner was there, sans Frank!
In reply to andi turner:

Hey, I've done that! If you mean the scramble up the back of GZ directly to the gearing-up ledge. It looks easy from below, doesn't it?!

jcm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...