UKC

YORKSHIRE WARNING - Ilkley Rocky Valley

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bobstones 28 May 2013
Me and a friend of mine attempted to climb THE FLAKE CLIMB (S4a) in Rocky Valley @ Ilkley yesterday. What resulted was my mate being trapped for 2hrs with his hand caught beneath a fallen block about half way up the main face of the climb.

Emergency services were called and luckily my friend has escaped fairly unscathed.

The block has been left in-situ with 2 wedges keeping it in place put there to help the rescue by the Fire Service (there is also 1 wire that we couldn't retrieve). The general consensus of me and the other climbers there was that the block should be removed as its still extremely unstable but the emergency services weren't really interested and wouldn't even put a sign up or mark the block in anyway.

I would strongly advise not climbing this route as it will result in serious injury or possibly death by the falling block.....it's huge.

We are going to contact the BMC to make them aware of it but if anyone has any other ideas of getting this message out to local climbers then please let me know.
OP bobstones 28 May 2013
In reply to Darren09:

Thanks Darren09, I've posted in that thread also.

Bob
 Marq 28 May 2013
In reply to bobstones:
Noted on the Yorkshire Area Facebook page as well now.

Marq
 Steve John B 28 May 2013
In reply to bobstones:

Might be worth putting something on the UKC logbook page for the climb?

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=28373
 cheese@4p 29 May 2013
In reply to bobstones:
Has anyone been in touch with offers for the movie rights yet?
 cuppatea 29 May 2013
In reply to cheese@4p:

"2 Hours" has a certain ring to it
 Bulls Crack 29 May 2013
In reply to cheese@4p:

Ilkley Moor Ba'limb?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...