UKC

Free Instruction from MIA trainee in North Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nawface 28 May 2013
Hi everyone,

I am preparing for an MIA (Mountain Instructors Award) assessment and am looking for people, preferably in pairs, to take out rock climbing and scrambling in North Wales.

I am particularly interested in people who wish to have instruction in the multi-pitch environment, this could be from first steps up to those wishing to starting leading (this could be single pitch).

If people wanted guiding up some scrambles then that would be great as well.

I'm preparing for assessment which I will hopefully take in the Autumn and am available through the summer.

If you're interested then please email me through here giving a rough outline of your previous experience and what you'd like to learn, as well as a contact number so we can have a chat and talk things through.

Cheers,

Rich

MIA Trainee

- As an MIA trainee I do not, as yet, hold the Mountain Instructor Award which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification. The term aspirant should not be used as a level of competency for multi-pitch climbing has not been assessed.

Insurance
- I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third part liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.

Philly 29 May 2013
In reply to nawface:

I'm really interested in this. I have basic trad experience but it's limited and quite low level. Snowdonia, Lake District and Sicily. I've done multi-pitching but I would only lead the easy pitches and second the tougher ones, so I'd be looking for advice on my technique and instruction on my gear placement so that I trust it more and therefore try tougher grades on gear.
In other news, I've been climbing (indoors and out) for 3 years, leading for 2.

Thanks!
Philly
jus18 29 May 2013
In reply to nawface:
My daughter and I who are complete beginners / novices would like to try rock climbing is this something you could offer us. Ta Justin
fabiola_8 29 May 2013
In reply to nawface: Hi, my partner and I are interested. He is a complete novice climbing wise but has two years of hiking and grade I scrambling, I have a couple of years of climbing experience, mostly indoor plus a couple of years of hiking and scrambling experience. Had lead in sport climbing but never trad and will love to be able to transfer to this form of climbing. When and where would you like to carrie out the training?

Cheers,

climber007 29 May 2013
In reply to nawface: Hi, just sent you an email. Let me know if you didn't get it.
Markhumphreys 04 Jun 2013
Sent you an email. Please let me know if you don't recieve it. Thanks
 Jamie B 04 Jun 2013
In reply to nawface:

I'm interested in doing a classic route in North Wales, I think it's called Left Wall? But first I have to Escape the System, can you help?
 hedgehog77 05 Jun 2013
In reply to Jamie B:
> (In reply to nawface)
>
> I'm interested in doing a classic route in North Wales, I think it's called Left Wall? But first I have to Escape the System, can you help?

Brilliant ha ha....
 Rhi Rhi 05 Jun 2013
In reply to nawface:

Hi Rich,

I'm quite interested in this actually if you need another guinea pig to help! I'm not in a pair though unfortunately so I don't know if that counts me out...?
I've been climbing for about 2 years now, predominently sport climbing (in North Wales, Peak District and Spain) leading up to grades 6a(ish).
I've recently started getting into trad climbing but don't feel as confident in this and have only ever done 2 multi-pitch trad climbs which I only 2nd'ed I've done plenty of scrambles and got a couple of via-ferratas under my belt now.
I'm due to come back to North Wales to live very soon actually up until the beginning of September so let me know if I'm a possibility to help out
This seems like a very win win situation
Cheers
Rhi
OP nawface 07 Jun 2013
In reply to Jamie B:

Sorry Jamie, think you may be a lost cause. Think you'll be stuck in the system forever...

Hope all's well mate. I'll give you catch/top rope on Left Wall anyday...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...