UKC

Harnesses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sunny 28 May 2013
Hi

Any recommendations for women's harnesses suitable for alpine use please? A friend has asked me what I'd recommend - she's not a climber, & is only likely to use it for glacier crossing & possibly scrambling - I'd appreciate any suggestions for something light & not too expensive please.

Caralynh 28 May 2013
In reply to Sunny:

I've got a DMM Supercouloir for exactly that sort of stuff. No padding, just webbing, so very lightweight, but still has 4 gear loops and everything I need. Also very cheap at about £40 from Needlesports.
I don't do sport climbing, or hanging around working routes, so a basic alpine style harness is perfect for me.
 paulmck 28 May 2013
In reply to Caralynh:

Got one as well. They're brilliant and as it's one that you put on nappy style, there's no issue with trying to thread it over boots while wearing crampons which is a big plus for alpine/winter use.
 dutybooty 28 May 2013
In reply to Sunny: Another vote for the super couloir.
 AndyG71 28 May 2013
In reply to Sunny:
Black Diamond Bod is another good option. Similar price and spec to the Super Couloir. I've been using them for years in the Alps, Scottish winter and don't find too uncomfortable at the climbing wall.
In reply to AndyG71: Agreed. I've been using the BD Bod for 20 years (not the same one!). My wife has one too specifically for winter and alpine, and likes it.
alanlgm 28 May 2013
In reply to Sunny:

Another vote for the bod I have also always used them even before they came with belay loops. I use it for everything and have never had a problem.
In reply to Sunny: Black Diamond Couloir, very light, webbing, not padding, like the DMM one Caralynr recommends, but lighter. Or for a tenner more for even lighter, go for the Blue Ice one at Needlesports.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...