UKC

NEWS: BMC Access Changes - Roaches and Ravensdale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 29 May 2013
Evening on Damascus Crack, 4 kbThere have been two major access changes recently, one being a new ban at the Roaches, and the other a lifting of the ban at Ravensdale.

At the Roaches, a pair of Peregrines are now nesting here, having moved from the nearby Hen Cloud. This means that all normal restrictions on Hen Cloud...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68081
 Durbs 29 May 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Not being overly familiar with the route names, how does this affect the lower/upper-tier bouldering? We're staying in Rock Hall this weekend and want to make sure we don't stray.

Also, bonus, will take the tele-lens and try for some peregrine snaps
 kristian Global Crag Moderator 29 May 2013
In reply to UKC News:
Ravensdale is owned by Natural England not the National Trust.
 Tom Last 29 May 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Little bit confused by this, does it mean between Damascus Crack and East Gully Wall, i.e. pretty much the greater part of the upper tier?

If not, where is Easy Gully?
 RFWilkie 29 May 2013
In reply to Southern Man:

Yes, that's correct. Pretty much the main body of the upper tier including the area around sloth, black and tans etc and the upper tier bouldering are all out of bounds.
 Tom Last 29 May 2013
In reply to RFWilkie:

Okay, thanks for clearing that up RFWilkie.
 Durbs 29 May 2013
Bum - no Joe's Arete for me this time then.

Is access to Skyline etc still do-able?
 Neil Henson 29 May 2013
In reply to Durbs: Yes access to Skyline is not affected as far as I am aware (was up there last week). The restricted area is very well signposted.
In reply to Neil Henson: It's been restricted at the Roaches in this same area for months.
 kristian Global Crag Moderator 30 May 2013
In reply to kristian:
> (In reply to UKC News)
> Ravensdale is owned by Natural England not the National Trust.

The news item has been corrected since original post.
 Adam Long 01 Jun 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Latest news is the Roaches ban has been lifted as the nest had failed. So no restrictions at either of these venues from today.
 Puppythedog 01 Jun 2013
In reply to Adam Long: Thanks for the heads up Adam.
 andi turner 01 Jun 2013
In reply to UKC News: Yes, bit of a sad state of affairs really. It would appear the chicks were taken, better luck next year. Restrictions now lifted.
 Max factor 01 Jun 2013
In reply to andi turner:

What do you mean taken Andi? Stolen out the nest, eaten by a predator?
 Mr. Lee 03 Jun 2013
In reply to Max factor:

I was at the Roaches when the signs came down on Saturday. The chicks have gone missing 'under suspicious circumstances'. In other words they appear to have been poached.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...