UKC

climbing books/further reading?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hello

I enjoy reading climbing literature and even flick through books about climbing in the many centres I climb at....

I am half way through my fourth book already Training for Climbing by Eric Horst and wanting to read more....

Do you think I should read about how to become a better climber or read about skills like Big Wall Climbing, Problem Solving, Hillwalking etc ?

Is The Neil Gresham DVD on trad and sport any good?

What books and DVDs do you recommend?

Bye

Sav
Andrew74 29 May 2013
In reply to Mountain Spirit:

Trad Climbing +

http://www.rockfax.com/news/2007/11/13/trad-climbing-special-offer/

This is the book I lend to my friends who want to get into leading outside, I think its worth a read for them before they try it. It covers very basics but also useful stuff in there for almost anyone, things you may not have thought of or alternative ways of doing things. Winter climbing + is also good. I dont have sport climbing + but I would assume that it is of a similar good quality to the others. Sections on technique and mindset also help your personal climbing. (if you take note of them and actually apply it..)

Just my thoughts. Id be interested to hear what other people suggest.
In reply to another_alex:

Hi a_a.

I have looked through this book and it seems as good or better than Trad Climbing + and Sport Climbing + by Rock Fax which I have read already.

I have actally met Libby Peters in person at The Outddors Show and have contacts with Vertebrate graphics/publications.

Are any of the books by this Mountaineer's Outdoor Expert helpgful and useful?

I have been recommended their Anchor's book and The Falcon Press book on the same subject.
 JimboWizbo 29 May 2013
In reply to Mountain Spirit: 9 out of 10 Climbers is well worth a read
In reply to Andrew74:

Hi Andrew.

I forgot to put in my first post that I have already read TRad Climbing + and Sport Climbing + by RockFax.

Winter Climbing + seem's a good read for later when I do Winter Climbing.

Bye

Sav

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...