UKC

New to training - advice greatfully accepted!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Goofyfoot 30 May 2013
Ok,

just recently started to take my climbing a litlle more seriously, looking to push my sport and trad climbing grades after plauteauing at about 6A+ last year.

Since christmas, I've just been bouldering twice a week without any real structure, and after taking 3 attempts to complete the crux of a HVS 5B last weekend,I now realise I need to formailise some sort of training!

As I mentioned, I've just been bouldering twice a week, first session working on the circuit wall - just trying to get as far as I can, the second session just trying lots of hard boulder problems just beyong my limits, not sure if this is the correct way to go about it...any advice would be useful!

By the way, what exactly are 4x4s and all the other trainnig terms Ikeep hearing about?

Cheers.
 deacondeacon 30 May 2013
In reply to Goofyfoot: what do you think the reason was that you couldn't climb the hvs first time?
Not strong enough
Pumped out/ got knackered
Lack of confidence
Being able to assess your weaknesses is the first step to be able to train proficiently.
It can be quite hard to be honest with yourself (I'm terrible at training) but at these grades it's rarely finger strength that is letting you down.
OP Goofyfoot 30 May 2013
In reply to deacondeacon:
I thnik it was a mixture of getting pumped out and lack of confidence - if a was'nt so pumped I would have had the confidence to make the moves stick first time.
 deacondeacon 30 May 2013
In reply to Goofyfoot: Have a look through these
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=3694
they're really good, it sounds like you're around part 2/part 3.
Part three also explains what 4x4's are.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...