UKC

Gilwern/Crag X dry?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 combatrock 30 May 2013
Hi
Hoping to get to Gilwern/Crag X this weekend for some low grade sport, could any locals or regulars to the crag please let me know what it's like for drying out?
Thanks
 Billg 31 May 2013
In reply to combatrock:
yep its dry - just went there this afternoon

Bill
 Billg 31 May 2013
In reply to combatrock: Are you seriously travelling from Oxfordshire to climb on Crag X? I can see it from my bedroom and only go there when no other choice is available
Bill
OP combatrock 03 Jun 2013
In reply to Billg: ha, no! was planning to head that way for family reasons anyway. never been there but thought it might pass an afternoon if we were in the area. I take it it's not great?! Bit stuck for low grade sport nearby Ox, open to better suggestions
 Billg 03 Jun 2013
In reply to combatrock: Its a fine little "local" crag for a quick visit. It gets the afternoon sun, but can be windy. I did the FA of a few of the routes so I've probably had my fill
OP combatrock 04 Jun 2013
In reply to Billg: Ah, I see! well thank you for creating more reasonable grade sport Probably do us just fine for a day, been off for months with injury so looking to ease myself back into it
 mattrm 04 Jun 2013
In reply to combatrock:

It's a nice little crag that gets the sun. So while I wouldn't seek it out, it's much better than a lot of the other crags in the valleys. I did my first sport leads there. So if you're in the area, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...