UKC

Everest 60th Event at RGS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jim Walton 30 May 2013
Did anyone go?
What did you think of it?

I went, I actually thought that the afternoon gig was better that the Evening Gig.

The whole day seemed a bit rushed with everyone continuously clock watching which dampened the mood a bit. Leo and Debra Searle were brilliant though and well worth the £10 entrance fee.

If you were in the 'cheep seats' then the evening event lasted an hour before we were thrown on to the street. Good 'Corgi' gag from Doug Scott though, nearly saved the day.

Bit disappointed if I'm honest though. Mr Day said that they had spent 2 yrs organising it. Mr Scott's events at the RGS are significantly better organised and run.
 Co1in H 31 May 2013
In reply to Jim Walton: I was at the aftrnoon gig which i agree was good value, although a little rushed.
A mate was at the evening do and was very dissapointed and overpriced at £35.
I was also at the launch of Letters from Everest by George Lowe and Hugh Lewis jones, at sotherans on the tuesday evening. i met venables, bonington, Scott , jamling tenzing, peter hillary Jan Morris and others and was a very laid back event. Free with wine and nibbles.
Looking for ward to Doug Scott's November event. I have been to every one. Very well organised and run and worth every penny.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...