UKC

Ropes for Verdon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Nick Wharton 31 May 2013
Anyone climbed at Verdon recently? I have to admit to it being over 20 years since I was there.

What experience is out there on which are the best ropes to use in Verdon. All the pictures show only single ropes being used yet the guide suggests abseils of 50 m. I have an 80m single rope - would that work or should we take 2 x half ropes?
 Gareth 31 May 2013
In reply to Nick Wharton: Hi Nick, climbed there two years ago, we took our trad 50m half ropes and from memory this is what the guidebook recomends. Have fun
 GeoffRadcliffe 31 May 2013
In reply to Nick Wharton: If you are doing bolted routes: you could take 200m of static line for abbing (this should get you down to the start of most of the sport routes) and climb on a single rope. If doing trad, then climb on two ropes of 50m or more.
In reply to Nick Wharton: Just take 2 50m halfs, full length abs, clip both for stuff you'll work, or alternate for stuff you're onsighting.
 jwi 31 May 2013
In reply to Nick Wharton: A single is OK for leading but lots of rappels have 45-49 m between the stations with few or no intermediate anchors. In my opinion a 80 m suck on belays, in particularly on the many half-hanging belays in Verdon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...