UKC

Very short sci-fi film (4:30)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Thrudge 01 Jun 2013
I hope there's a plan to make a full length film out of this:

youtube.com/watch?v=5eIMafROjyo&
ice.solo 02 Jun 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor:

thats was cool. even just the next 5min episode would be interesting.
 deepstar 02 Jun 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor: Brilliant.
 pneame 02 Jun 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor:
Fascinating.
And here's another one -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbDZmbx474k&feature=youtu.be
 Dominion 02 Jun 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor:

Was pretty good, liked it.

I'm guessing it's more of a "calling card" for the CGI / Animation skills of the creator, rather than an idea for a film, though?

||-)

OP Thrudge 03 Jun 2013
In reply to Dominion:
> I'm guessing it's more of a "calling card" for the CGI / Animation skills of the creator, rather than an idea for a film, though?

Having watched it about a dozen times over the last month or so I'm inclined to agree, but I'd go a lot further. I think the calling card says more than 'look at our CGI skills'. It's more like, 'look at our ability to tell a story'.

The more I see it, the more I think it's viable and complete as a stand-alone story. Short but packed to the rafters with implication, it's a seriously impressive feat of story-telling, as well as a CGI showcase. The beautiful photography, the art (an aristocratic robot plated in Delft porcelain, a magical box in filigreed silver, a downbeaten courier layered in shabby clothes against the cold - wow!). The mystery and the atmosphere, the way events are loaded with significance; visually and narratively, it adds up to a story that is complete.

I'd love to see more from the team that did this.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...