/ 1 man tent needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
stealintime - on 02 Jun 2013
hi anyone got a 1 man tent for sale as i need one asap..cheers David.
1906johns - on 02 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime: terra nova laser competition, excellent condition and only used 5/6 times in summer conditions. Would be looking for about 280

Alex
Run_Ross_Run - on 02 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime:
Check out Field and Trek. They've got some good deals on lightweight tents terra nova, north face etc.

Most retailers have similar deals too.
David Coley - on 02 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime: I have a Vango Banshee 200 used once that you can have for 50 plus postage. Although this is sold as a two man tent, it isn't, it's a reasonably sized 1 man tent.
Orion's Face - on 02 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime:

I have a green Hilleberg Akto for sale 250. Excellent condition except for some abrasion to one of the guylines. Photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66952702@N07/sets/

Four years old with light use (no more than 15 nights out).

I am 6'2" and I find it pretty roomy for one with a really good sized vestibule. I have also shared it with my wife on occasion so it is possible (though cosy) to sleep 2.

Stats from Cotswold website:

Packed size: 58 x 17cm
Capacity: 1 Person
Fabric: Kerlon 1200 Ripstop (silicone treated nylon)
Pole: DAC Featherlite NSL
Pitches all-in-one
Vestibule
jules699 - on 02 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime: What type do you need?/purpose?
neil9216 - on 03 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime:

HI

I have a Mountain hardwear Viperine for sale 100 quid.

I have used it 3 times, it also comes with the optional footprint so you can use it as a stand alone shelter, its a 2 man tent but quite small so would make an excellent one man,
check out the following review

http://www.livefortheoutdoors.com/Gear-Reviews/Search-Results/Tents/Mountain-Hardwear-Viperine-2/

cheers

Neil
stealintime - on 03 Jun 2013
In reply to jules699: im kinda new to this so its just for sleeping wild not on sites, im kinda a big lad at 6' 8" so i need something with a bit of room and needs to go up quick also 4 season wouldnt be a bad idea :) cheers Jules.
Orgsm on 04 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime:

Why ASAP, getting evicted?
cuppatea on 04 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime:

Interesting.

What's your budget?
useful on 04 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime: Shame you're so tall!
My mate turned up at Pembroke with one of these (he's about 6ft), claiming it cost him 30 of t'interweb:
http://www.gelert.com/products/solo_tent

It was light, small, and quick/easy to rig. Made my Army surplus DPM bivvy bag and tarp seem a bit overweight!
It still might be a bit snug for you, though.
almost sane - on 04 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime: Argos, go outdoors, Tesco all do cheap tents that are not too bad.
Henrycuillin on 04 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime: I have a nordisk pasch, used it in a force 8 gale, works a treat!
Gav M - on 04 Jun 2013
In reply to useful:

Gelert Solo is a really bad tent. Don't waste your money.
stealintime - on 05 Jun 2013
In reply to Henrycuillin: how much do you want for your nordisk pasch :) cheers Dav.
BigBrother - on 06 Jun 2013
In reply to Henrycuillin:
> (In reply to stealintime) I have a nordisk pasch, used it in a force 8 gale, works a treat!

That looks like the famous Argos Tiger Paws which was a copy of the Sierra Designs tent. Which reminds me I have to sell the TP I bought as a spare...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.