UKC

Peregrine Nest with chicks at Laddow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 freemanTom 02 Jun 2013
Nest just right of Priscilla ridge, chicks present. Nothing on BMC rad. We felt it prudent to leave, shame as we have the 3 star routes still to do.

In other news get your pitchforks out as crampon scratches all over route 1 and some on Route 3 as well.
 Rob Parsons 02 Jun 2013
In reply to freemanTom (Guildford MC):
> Nest just right of Priscilla ridge, chicks present. Nothing on BMC rad. We felt it prudent to leave, shame as we have the 3 star routes still to do.

Thank you. The right thing to do.

> In other news get your pitchforks out as crampon scratches all over route 1 and some on Route 3 as well.

Bastards.
 Adam Long 03 Jun 2013

Tom, thanks for the info. How sure are you that they were Peregrines? Kestrel chicks can look similar, and I've already checked two nests this year that were not the supposed species, but a much commoner one!
OP freemanTom 03 Jun 2013
In reply to Adam Long: i'm no twitcher but pretty certain was a Peregrine my climbing partner more clued up on such things thought so. The other birds went very quiet when the mum was in the air and never saw it hovering which is a kestrels party trick.
 Adam Long 03 Jun 2013

Thanks, did the parent birds make much noise?
OP freemanTom 03 Jun 2013
In reply to freemanTom (Guildford MC): Only saw the one parent, didn't make much noise, didn't seem too bothered by us and thankfully the hexes were in the rucksack so we weren't too noisy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...