UKC

Crag High above Llanberis Pass, any routes there?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 02 Jun 2013
Whenever I am in the pass and I look up high above Wastad there is Crag as high up as you can see, what is it, are there any routes there, admittedly it looks a long walk in but none the less it looks a stunning situation.
 Dr.S at work 02 Jun 2013
In reply to sjc:

At the top of bryant's Gully? I'm sure there are - very loose up there though
 JimmAwelon 02 Jun 2013
In reply to sjc: I have gazed across at it many times when coming down the pass. If it is the crag you'd come to if you kept going up Bryants Gulley then it is Craig Nant Peris. It's the truncation of a southwestern spur of Glyder Fawr (Esgair Felin to be precise*). The 4 or 5 200ft broken gullies give tradiational diffs/v.diffs in the 1994 guide that I last looked at. Might be more info in newer publications (or they may have been forgotten) it's worth a hillwalking day and big boots.

*I knew I'd find it (an old account of an ascent of Bryants Gulley and i presume a gulley on our crag at the top?):

http://www.climbers-club.co.uk/journal/original/1899-No05-p43-46.pdf
 Dr.S at work 02 Jun 2013
In reply to JimmAwelon:
I'd be fascinated to read that but getting some really wierd formatting!

I've been on that crag a couple of times after Bryants. as said above, have a care....
J1234 03 Jun 2013
In reply to JimmAwelon:
Thanks for that, so really the approach is from the other side, I might have a wander up there for a shufty.
Removed User 03 Jun 2013
In reply to Dr.S at work:

Opens fine for me in Foxit reader?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...