UKC

25L Rucksack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
davidnmattsdad 03 Jun 2013
Can you recommend me a 25L rucksac, mainly for day walks out with my lads.
I don't have unlimited funds but am happy to spend a bit more for quality.
The badge on the back does not matter.
 Dr.S at work 03 Jun 2013
In reply to davidnmattsdad:

alpkit gourdon - light, waterproof, tough, cheap, simple.....

davidnmattsdad 03 Jun 2013
In reply to davidnmattsdad: l already have a 30L Gourdon but would prefer to have the extra features of the 20L.
I've got a 20L Kriega and it is almost big enough but fairly heavy.
 Dr.S at work 03 Jun 2013
a bit annoying that they do not do the 25 and 30 with the bungee.

ice.solo 03 Jun 2013

Check out montane. Some of the best designed packs currently around. Light, good quality, functional, ergonomic.
BD are good at that size too for similar reasons.

Roll top lids are nice.
 JayPee630 04 Jun 2013
In reply to ice.solo:

Ditto, I've looked at loads of this size and IMO I think the Montane Cobra 25 seems to be the best of the bunch at the moment.
Ross_S 04 Jun 2013

I'm selling a Berghaus 25l freeflow for £25 if you're interested. It's in excellent condition. Price includes postage. Let me know if you're interested
 craig1983 04 Jun 2013

I have a Camelbak Rim Runner, which is 22L with a 3L pocket for a bladder. Well recommended.
Little Dave of Sheffield 04 Jun 2013
In reply to davidnmattsdad: hi, the berghaus free flows are pretty good for a good price. I have a 30 litre Mountain Hardwear scrambler trl which is great and gives a little more room..
 stuart58 04 Jun 2013
In reply to davidnmattsdad: try field and trek they have a big sale on karrimor sacs ranging from 15l to 45l
 Wilbur 04 Jun 2013

If you want quality that lasts for a long time steer clear of karrimor. Alpkit gourdons are good but maybe not that comfy nor particularly durable (my first one wasn't and is now a tent bag).

Check out blue ice warthog 26l. Simple, bombproof and decent value at around 75 brand new. Depends on budget but buy cheap buy twice I reckon...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...