UKC

getting my boots on sat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
streetfighterjeff 05 Jun 2013
after being out of climbing for nearly 15 yrs, getting some boots on saturday. is th advice still to get them a size smaller? or just a half size or my normal size. been out of everything for a damn good while.
jeff
 Dino Dave 05 Jun 2013
In reply to streetfighterjeff: Depends how you like them fitting and how much the shoe stretches.

My method which is works for most people is to find a shoe that you like and that fits well. Then go down the sizes to the size you feel you'd like it to be when climbing (usually tighter if your climbing harder, or looser if your after a more all day shoe) and once you find that size, go half a size smaller and then it will stretch/mold into a nice snug shoe.

That's what I do anyway
streetfighterjeff 06 Jun 2013
In reply to streetfighterjeff: cheers bud, fels like i am starting all over again.
 GridNorth 06 Jun 2013
In reply to streetfighterjeff: The trick is anticipating how much it will stretch. Getting a good fit in the shop is relatively easy. I prefer lined shoes because they do not stretch as much as unlined. I have a pair of "performance" shoes, for me thats F6b and UK 5c and above, for hard routes and a pair of comfy shoes for long multi-pitch and easier routes. The comfy shoes are my shoe size, my performance shoes are 1/2 size smaller. I've tried going smaller but it hurts so much that I find that it affects my concentration. A lot also depends on the specific shoe.
streetfighterjeff 07 Jun 2013
In reply to streetfighterjeff: cheers again, but i have been out that long i have forgotten grades. lol going to find a shoe that is comfy then knock it down a half size. seems that that is what most are saying. my last boots were a size smaller and they crippled me, but were really good to climb in.
jeff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...