Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - scarpa instinct slipper wear issues

misterb - on 08 Jun 2013
i have just bought a pair of instinct slippers and am shocked at the length of time they have lasted.I'm climbing on well used limestone at ansteys and torbryan so its not like i'm giving them the granite treatment but i have gone through the toe on one boot and am close on the other in 10 sessions.
Has anyone else had this issue?
The boots are really good and climb superbly but at 8 a climb it seems insane to own them or purchase another pair.Also the rubber over the top of the toe box is coming away on both boots , i have been toe hooking with one boot which is the one showing the worst wear but the rubber on the other one is coming apart too.
Last year i bought some la sportiva pythons which only did maybe 20 sessions so i am aware that i can wear a boot out quickly but it still seems like the instincts have worn at an unacceptable rate.
... not showing 5 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums