ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Who said trad climbing is dying...

Misha - on 10 Jun 2013
The earlier thread about trad climbing dying off came to mind when we were at Cloggy on Saturday. There were 25+ teams there and a steady stream of people going up Great Wall all day long - so much so that one team didn't manage to get on it at all and had to get up there again on Sunday morning! There was also a bit of a traffic jam on White Slab at one point when one leader took a little while on the crux. Sunday was less busy but there were still at least a dozen teams on the crag. Great to see so many people out and lots of routes being climbed. We figured there would be a few other people there but weren't expecting quite so many! The conditions were great - the rock was dry, it was almost warm even in the shade and hardly a breath of wind. The only annoying thing was the noise from the train! I know a single popular weekend isn't evidence of some kind of resurgence in trad climbing but it's great to see nonetheless.
... not showing 25 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums